Citizens Advice Knowsley is looking for a Casework Assistant to help our caseworkers provide advice to clients.
What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- work with Citizens Advice caseworkers who help clients with specific problems over a period of time
- call clients to arrange appointments to get advice and explain what they’ll need to bring
- talk to clients after the appointment to find out how Citizens Advice helped them with their problem and write a summary about this
What’s in it for you?
- make a real difference to people’s lives
- build on valuable skills such as communication, listening and evaluation
- increase your employability
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
- have a positive impact in your community.
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What do you have to have?
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgemental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good listening skills
- have good verbal and written communication skills
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- have good IT skills
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer so come and talk to us.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming a casework assistant and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you please contact us.
Phone: 0151 477 6023